bergenPAC is currently looking for experienced bartenders that can handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment. This position is part-time, hourly, and strictly show based. There are no medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Must be 21 or over
- Previous experience as a bartender. Working at a performing arts center or theater is a plus.
- TIPS Certified
- Prior experience using cash reqisters
- Ability to organize cash
Box Office Associate
Job Title: Box Office Associate
Position: Part Time
Reports to: Box Office Manager(s)
- Guest Relations; maintain superior customer service and act as a brand ambassador for BergenPAC
- Answer phones with prompt and courteous attitude
- Ticket Sales
- Use of TMwin 99 to process ticket sales over the phone or in person.
- Use of Archtics to process ticket sales over the phone or in person.
- Cash handling and management a cash drawer of $100.00
- Settling a balanced cash drawer and ensure cash sales prove to your cash card at the end of your shift.
- Guarantee tickets are provided to patron via their preferred method of Mail, Will-Call, E-Mail, or SMS.
- Retrieving patron’s tickets in the ticketing window before performance date/time.
- Work Box Office window during performances
- Distribution of tickets that are held in Will Call (see above)
- Selling of tickets to patrons (see above)
- Printing of patron’s tickets that were purchased tickets through Ticketmaster directly.
- Reprinting Tickets as needed.
- Process opening and closing paperwork
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Box Office Managers.
- Flexible hours - many hours for this position will be night and weekends.
- Basic Excel/Word knowledge
- Strong Computer/Technical skills
- Previous knowledge of Ticketmaster/Archtics Programs
- Previous Ticketing experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to Annie at [email protected].
Concert Promotions / Street Team Intern
The concert promotions intern will be responsible for traveling to local businesses to promote upcoming bergenPAC shows and events. They will also be responsible for researching local communities and their downtown areas for marketing purposes. Lastly, the intern will be responsible for tabling for bergenPAC to promote the theater and the Performing Arts School. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts center.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Bergen County area is a plus. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus. Interns will gain an understanding of marketing and concert promotions as well as gain hands-on experience for their knowledge and benefit. Intern must have a vehicle where they will be able to drive around to the local area.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
The Bergen Performing Arts Center is seeking outgoing, service oriented and qualified candidates for our Maintenance Team. Candidates will need to clean, lift and move heavy objects. Must be able to work well in a team structure as well as on your own. Daily duties will be assigned by the supervisor and must be able to complete in a timely manner. This is a part-time, hourly position.
General duties include (but not limited to):
- Vacuum offices, hallways, stairs, lobby, theatre, cabaret, backstage and all other common areas
- Dust all office furniture, windowsills, countertops, etc.
- Empty theatre, backstage, office, bathroom, lobby, cabaret, basement and all other common area wastebaskets
- Breaking down boxes and putting in proper trash container
- Clean bathroom fixtures, counters, mirrors, and mop floors
- Assure adequate supplies are in bathrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Maintain adequate stock of all custodial supplies, ordering additional as needed
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs
- In coordination with Maintenance Manager, remove snow from sidewalks, alleys and parking areas, as needed, and spread snow melting chemicals
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the exterior of the building including removing debris from the property, sweeping patios and walkways as needed
- Set up, arrange, and remove tables, chairs, tablecloths.
- Dust and clean all surfaces
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Required to be available for overtime hours as needed and directed by supervisor
- Wash inside and outside of all windows, as assigned
- Wash off marks on walls and doors
- Dust door ledges and floor boards
- Scrub bathroom floor, walls, and fixtures, as needed
- Move or set up office furniture
- Other duties as required by the supervisor
High School Diploma (preferred). Prior related experience (preferred). Must be 21 years of age or older. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Good communication and interpersonal skills a must, as well as good client/customer service skills. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team. Basic knowledge of cleaning products is required. The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds utilizes a team lift. Candidate must be trustworthy, hardworking, dependable, reliable, and punctual and take pride in the job.
Development Associate - Full Time
The bergenPAC is a 501(c)3 organization with a 1376 seat theater, has a robust Performing Art School and extensive Arts Educational Outreach Programs. The theater, which hosts 150+ performances each year (rock, jazz, classical, comedy, dance, etc.), is located in Englewood, NJ, in Bergen County.
The bergenPAC’s Development Department is looking for an exceptionally organized and highly-motivated full-time Development Associate to join our six-person team. This individual will report to the Director of Development and will provide administrative support to the Development team and will assist with office management, donor correspondence, scheduling, and other related administrative duties. S/he will also help manage the department’s Raiser’s Edge donor database.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for donor data accuracy, including inputting, updating, maintaining, and retrieving donation and constituent data, reports and records using Raiser’s Edge, the department’s donor database.
- Process financial and in-kind contributions for submission to the Finance Department, and manage monthly reconciliation of donations.
- Manage the daily and weekly gift reports and Department’s bi-monthly executive budget tracking reports.
- Update, manage and provide executive sales report on an ongoing basis – i.e. name of prospects, time of contact, notes, etc.
- Pull show reports for the VIP Lounge.
- Help manage the VIP Lounge on performance nights.
- Prepare and proof accurate, timely and personalized donation acknowledgement letters.
- Organize information and materials for meetings, reports, events and special projects.
- Provide general bookkeeping assistance for the development department; complete check requests, purchase orders, invoices, reimbursements, etc.
- Maintain development department files; Help plan, coordinate and implement and maintain budgets for various internal and external events including staff gatherings and supporter receptions and galas.
- Coordinate and execute in-house mailing campaigns.
- Carry out other projects as necessary as directed by the CEO and/or Development Director.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, demonstrate a high degree of initiative, work independently and adhere to deadlines.
- Eye for detail: Ability to prepare and proofread materials, correspondence, proposals for submission.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and quickly on diverse assignments.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and data processing.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to anticipate and satisfy internal (staff) and external (donor) needs.
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to think outside of the box to efficiently solve problems.
- Polished, professional and comfortable liaising with donors and other VIPs.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database preferred.
- Experience working in fundraising, marketing, non-profit administration, or related field strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume adn cover letter to Shannon at [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Job Title: House Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations & Asst Director of Operations/Senior Front of House Manager
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring the smooth operation of Front-Of-House operations in the theater;
- In charge of overseeing all public areas of the theater, including the lobby and the auditorium;
- Run preshow front of house staff meeting with volunteers
- Work with Bar Manager on overflow cash drop during show.
- Serves as the first point of contact with the public during events which includes handling complaints and related problems with the public, involves tickets, seating and other related issues;
- Work closely with the box office to resolve any and all ticketing issues in an expedited manner
- Check ticket scanners upon arrival and alert box office for any problems before opening doors.
- Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the proper coordination of crowd dynamics, and implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures;
- Coordinate with Head Sound or Lighting Technician on opening of doors and start of show;
- First aid and proper response in an emergency situation;
- Responsible for popping popcorn at every show.
- Sell artist merchandise and settle with artist manager, when needed.
- Responsible for making sure the temporary seats are correctly labeled
- Complete end of night Show Report after every show
- And any other miscellaneous duties that the Director of Operations or Assistant Director of Operations reasonably request based on bergenPAC’s current business needs at that time.
Membership Concierge Lounge Attendant
Membership Concierge Lounge Attendant Job Description:
The bergenPAC is a 501(c)3 organization with a 1371 seat theater, and a robust Performing Art School is seeking three to four dynamic Membership Lounge Concierges. The theater, which hosts 150+ performances each year (rock, jazz, classical, comedy, dance, etc.), is located at 30 North Van Brunt Street in Englewood, NJ.
This position is part-time, hourly, show based and includes a balcony ticket to each show worked.
Key responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the door to the Member’s Lounge on mutually agreeable show nights through the intermission (when applicable).
- Assist VIP’s and Members with tickets and drink vouchers.
- Record Member attendance in the Lounge.
- Assist with room set up one hour prior to performance and clean up after show begins and/or after intermission.
Skills & Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated maturity, professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience with VIP’s preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume to [email protected]. Position to be filled as soon as possible. No phone calls please.
Outreach Teaching Artists
The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC is looking for highly qualified teaching artists to work with students in outreach schools throughout Northern New Jersey. The Performing Arts School sends teachers in all disciplines- music, theater, dance- to expose K-12th graders to the performing arts and watch the students' confidence grow. Teaching Artists will work with the schools to customize a curriculum that fits the school's unique needs.
bergenPAC is seeking teaching artists in all disciplines.
- Collaborate with bergenPAC staff and classroom teachers on age-appropriate curriculum for students
- Conduct age-appropriate lessons at schools
- Communicate with bergenPAC and outreach school staff regarding all aspects of the program
- Travel to and work in K-12 schools across Northern New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in the arts or arts-related field
- Professional experience in a performing art form
- Teaching experience in urban or suburban schools (K - 12)
- Willing to travel and teach throughout Northern New Jersey
- Must provide transportation to and from schools
- Willing to attend meetings in addition to teaching classes
Please send resume & types of classes you are able to teach to: [email protected].
Performing Arts School Intern
The bergenPAC Performing Arts School offers undergraduate students the opportunity to intern with members of the education department. The intern will be working interchangeably between departments in efforts to contribute to the organizations goals. The intern will be responsible for working with the administrative assistant to ensure that the day to day operations run smoothly. It will also be required that the intern work with the education outreach manager to promote new and all ongoing programs for the school. The intern will also assist in maintaining a social media presence and tabling for The Performing Arts School events. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts school.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Publisher. Knowledge of Facebook and Twitter will be very helpful. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant
Interested in the music industry? Ever wonder what goes on "backstage". This is your opportunity! bergenPAC is looking for qualified candidates for the Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant position. This position is part-time, hourly, and is strictly show based. All candidates must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have their own vehicle. Candidate must at least 21 years old. Ideal candidate has strong local knowledge of Englewood, Tenafly, Teaneck, Hackensack and other local Bergen County communities. Experience working at a performing arts center or production experience a plus. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting artist/crew
- Dressing room set up (food and drink)
- Dressing room hospitality shopping
- Self starter and be able to operate with limited supervision
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Miscellaneous day of show jobs
Spotlight Advertising Sales Representative
100% Commission Payment Structure
The bergenPAC Team is looking for a self-motivated, articulate, creative and enthusiastic sales person to join our Spotlight Advertising Sales Team. Your hours are your own, your earning potential is limited only by your ability to sell. Please visit Spotlight on our website here for a virtual tour of Spotlight, our advertisers and advertising sales brochure.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to the Development Department: [email protected]
The Bergen Performing Arts Center is seeking outgoing, service oriented and qualified candidates for our Security Team. This position is responsible for ensuring the protection of the guest of BergenPAC, employees, artists, facility and is primarily show based. This is a part-time, hourly position.
- Possess solid customer-service and interpersonal skills to ensure a positive experience in resolving any situation.
- Must take pride in one’s work and one’s appearance. Staff will be asked to wear black BPAC logoed polo shirts, black pants, black comfortable shoes and ear pieces. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times and no hats.
- Must have SORA certification including thorough knowledge of crowd control techniques.
- Protect the theater from theft or damage
- Prior experience working as security in a theatre, performing arts center, arena, live entertainment preferred.
- Assist House Management staff, as needed.
- Ability to stand long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Bi-lingual a plus
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of security experience in a related field with an understanding of PAC security procedures and guest relations. First responders are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with two-way radios. Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to effectively service guests, clients and employees. Will be a team player and self-motivator, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high energy. Must be able to work flexible hours, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Candidate must be trustworthy, hardworking, dependable, reliable, and punctual and take pride in the job.
Qualified applicants may send resume and references to [email protected]. Please include position in subject line of email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Bergen Performing Arts Center, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, handicap or disability, familial status, genetic makeup, atypical cellular or blood trait status, or any other trait or characteristic protected by law. It is the firm policy of the Bergen Performing Arts Center to ensure that all persons receive equal employment opportunities solely on the basis of their skills, abilities, job related qualifications, competence, job performance and other legitimate considerations.
The Performing Arts School provides arts education to students age 3 months to 21 years throughout Northern New Jersey. With classes in all types of performing arts, outreach programs throughout the state, and programming for children with special needs, every donation helps create more opportunities for new artists.