bergenPAC is currently looking for experienced bartenders that can handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment. This position is part-time, hourly, and strictly show based. There are no medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Must be 21 or over
- Previous experience as a bartender. Working at a performing arts center or theater is a plus.
- TIPS Certified
- Prior experience using cash reqisters
- Ability to organize cash
Box Office Associate
Job Title: Box Office Associate
Position: Part Time
Reports to: Box Office Manager(s)
- Guest Relations; maintain superior customer service and act as a brand ambassador for BergenPAC
- Answer phones with prompt and courteous attitude
- Ticket Sales
- Use of TMwin 99 to process ticket sales over the phone or in person.
- Use of Archtics to process ticket sales over the phone or in person.
- Cash handling and management a cash drawer of $100.00
- Settling a balanced cash drawer and ensure cash sales prove to your cash card at the end of your shift.
- Guarantee tickets are provided to patron via their preferred method of Mail, Will-Call, E-Mail, or SMS.
- Retrieving patron’s tickets in the ticketing window before performance date/time.
- Work Box Office window during performances
- Distribution of tickets that are held in Will Call (see above)
- Selling of tickets to patrons (see above)
- Printing of patron’s tickets that were purchased tickets through Ticketmaster directly.
- Reprinting Tickets as needed.
- Process opening and closing paperwork
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Box Office Managers.
- Flexible hours - many hours for this position will be night and weekends.
- Basic Excel/Word knowledge
- Strong Computer/Technical skills
- Previous knowledge of Ticketmaster/Archtics Programs
- Previous Ticketing experience.
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to [email protected]
Concert Promotions/Street Team Intern
The concert promotions intern will be responsible for traveling to local businesses to promote upcoming bergenPAC shows and events. They will also be responsible for researching local communities and their downtown areas for marketing purposes. Lastly, the intern will be responsible for tabling for bergenPAC to promote the theater and the Performing Arts School. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts center.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Bergen County area is a plus. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus. Interns will gain an understanding of marketing and concert promotions as well as gain hands-on experience for their knowledge and benefit. Intern must have a vehicle where they will be able to drive around to the local area.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
Director of Ticketing
Job Title: Director of Ticketing
Position: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Date: May 1, 2018
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Act as system administrator for the Ticketmaster ticketing system, and assist with continued transition to the Archtics & account manager platforms.
- Works with appropriate BPAC personnel to coordinate all ticketing needs as it pertains to building and managing all events (presented, cultural, rentals, education, etc).
- Responsible for building shows (presented, cultural, rentals, education, etc) into the both the Ticketmaster Archtics and host platforms.
- Keep updated on new hardware and software, recommend purchases of new equipment and service maintenance contracts.
- Communicate directly with Artist representatives on all on sale, fan club, or artist holds and coordinate with tour manager closer to show date—with support of programming—to manage all ticket releases and reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of box office operations ensuring accuracy and timeliness which includes ticketing system, daily sales orders and their reconciliation, sales receipts, daily safe drops, maintenance of records of all transactions; ensures the accuracy of transactions as well as positive customer relations.
- Help recruit, manage, train and ensure retention of ticket services staff, to include weekly scheduling.
- Assist the Customer Service Reps in responding to call/emails for all things customer service related.
- Primary liaison between patrons and venue’s personnel for all ticketing matters in conjunction with House Management staff.
- Oversee all financial control policies and procedures of the box office.
- Set up & manage event on-sales, all sales reporting, and produce all box office reports as needed.
- Set up fan club and VIP holds and manage ticketing inventory.
- Work with the Development & Programming staff to coordinate membership holds and other donor promotions.
- Generate nightly sales reports and any additional reports required for show settlements.
- Produce various box office reports and artist sales reports as requested.
- Work with Director of Programming and Director of Operations on all HR issues
- Must be able to create ticket discounts, Groupon promotions, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ticketmaster system, including Host, Archtics and ideally Account Manager platforms.
- Minimum 5 years management experience, including overseeing a staff.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based programs: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and occasional holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Title: House Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations & Asst Director of Operations/Senior Front of House Manager
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring the smooth operation of Front-Of-House operations in the theater;
- In charge of overseeing all public areas of the theater, including the lobby and the auditorium;
- Run preshow front of house staff meeting with volunteers
- Work with Bar Manager on overflow cash drop during show.
- Serves as the first point of contact with the public during events which includes handling complaints and related problems with the public, involves tickets, seating and other related issues;
- Work closely with the box office to resolve any and all ticketing issues in an expedited manner
- Check ticket scanners upon arrival and alert box office for any problems before opening doors.
- Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the proper coordination of crowd dynamics, and implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures;
- Coordinate with Head Sound or Lighting Technician on opening of doors and start of show;
- First aid and proper response in an emergency situation;
- Responsible for popping popcorn at every show.
- Sell artist merchandise and settle with artist manager, when needed.
- Responsible for making sure the temporary seats are correctly labeled
- Complete end of night Show Report after every show
- And any other miscellaneous duties that the Director of Operations or Assistant Director of Operations reasonably request based on bergenPAC’s current business needs at that time.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to the [email protected]
Membership Concierge Lounge Attendant
Membership Concierge Lounge Attendant Job Description:
The bergenPAC is a 501(c)3 organization with a 1371 seat theater, and a robust Performing Art School is seeking three to four dynamic Membership Lounge Concierges. The theater, which hosts 150+ performances each year (rock, jazz, classical, comedy, dance, etc.), is located at 30 North Van Brunt Street in Englewood, NJ.
This position is part-time, hourly, show based and includes a balcony ticket to each show worked.
Key responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the door to the Member’s Lounge on mutually agreeable show nights through the intermission (when applicable).
- Assist VIP’s and Members with tickets and drink vouchers.
- Record Member attendance in the Lounge.
- Assist with room set up one hour prior to performance and clean up after show begins and/or after intermission.
Skills & Experience:
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated maturity, professionalism, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Experience with VIP’s preferred.
Please send a cover letter, resume to [email protected]. Position to be filled as soon as possible. No phone calls please.
Outreach Teaching Artists
Job Title: Outreach Teaching Artists
The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC is looking for highly qualified teaching artists to work with students in outreach schools throughout Northern New Jersey. The Performing Arts School sends teachers in all disciplines- music, theater, dance- to expose K-12th graders to the performing arts and watch the students' confidence grow. Teaching Artists will work with the schools to customize a curriculum that fits the school's unique needs.
bergenPAC is seeking teaching artists in all disciplines.
- Collaborate with bergenPAC staff and classroom teachers on age-appropriate curriculum for students
- Conduct age-appropriate lessons at schools
- Communicate with bergenPAC and outreach school staff regarding all aspects of the program
- Travel to and work in K-12 schools across Northern New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in the arts or arts-related field
- Professional experience in a performing art form
- Teaching experience in urban or suburban schools (K - 12)
- Willing to travel and teach throughout Northern New Jersey
- Must provide transportation to and from schools
- Willing to attend meetings in addition to teaching classes
Please send resume & types of classes you are able to teach to: [email protected].
Performing Arts School Intern
The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC offers undergraduate students the opportunity to intern with members of the education department. The intern will be working interchangeably between departments in efforts to contribute to the organizations goals. The intern will be responsible for working with the administrative assistant to ensure that the day to day operations run smoothly. It will also be required that the intern work with the education outreach manager to promote new and all ongoing programs for the school. The intern will also assist in maintaining a social media presence and tabling for The Performing Arts School events. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts school.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Publisher. Knowledge of Facebook and Twitter will be very helpful. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant
Interested in the music industry? Ever wonder what goes on "backstage". This is your opportunity! bergenPAC is looking for qualified candidates for the Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant position. This position is part-time, hourly, and is strictly show based. All candidates must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have their own vehicle. Candidate must at least 21 years old. Ideal candidate has strong local knowledge of Englewood, Tenafly, Teaneck, Hackensack and other local Bergen County communities. Experience working at a performing arts center or production experience a plus. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting artist/crew
- Dressing room set up (food and drink)
- Dressing room hospitality shopping
- Self starter and be able to operate with limited supervision
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Miscellaneous day of show jobs
Spotlight Advertising Sales Representative
100% Commission Payment Structure
The bergenPAC Team is looking for a self-motivated, articulate, creative and enthusiastic sales person to join our Spotlight Advertising Sales Team. Your hours are your own, your earning potential is limited only by your ability to sell. Please visit Spotlight on our website here for a virtual tour of Spotlight, our advertisers and advertising sales brochure.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to the Development Department: [email protected]
The Bergen Performing Arts Center is seeking outgoing, service oriented and qualified candidates for our Security Team. This position is responsible for ensuring the protection of the guest of BergenPAC, employees, artists, facility and is primarily show based. This is a part-time, hourly position.
- Possess solid customer-service and interpersonal skills to ensure a positive experience in resolving any situation.
- Must take pride in one’s work and one’s appearance. Staff will be asked to wear black BPAC logoed polo shirts, black pants, black comfortable shoes and ear pieces. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times and no hats.
- Must have SORA certification including thorough knowledge of crowd control techniques.
- Protect the theater from theft or damage
- Prior experience working as security in a theatre, performing arts center, arena, live entertainment preferred.
- Assist House Management staff, as needed.
- Ability to stand long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Bi-lingual a plus
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of security experience in a related field with an understanding of PAC security procedures and guest relations. First responders are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with two-way radios. Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to effectively service guests, clients and employees. Will be a team player and self-motivator, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high energy. Must be able to work flexible hours, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Candidate must be trustworthy, hardworking, dependable, reliable, and punctual and take pride in the job.
Qualified applicants may send resume and references to [email protected]. Please include position in subject line of email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Bergen Performing Arts Center, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, handicap or disability, familial status, genetic makeup, atypical cellular or blood trait status, or any other trait or characteristic protected by law. It is the firm policy of the Bergen Performing Arts Center to ensure that all persons receive equal employment opportunities solely on the basis of their skills, abilities, job related qualifications, competence, job performance and other legitimate considerations.
The Performing Arts School provides arts education to students age 3 months to 21 years throughout Northern New Jersey. With classes in all types of performing arts, outreach programs throughout the state, and programming for children with special needs, every donation helps create more opportunities for new artists.