bergenPAC is currently looking for experienced bartenders that can handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment. This position is part-time, hourly, and strictly show based. There are no medical/dental/vision benefits.
- Must be 21 or over
- Previous experience as a bartender. Working at a performing arts center or theater is a plus.
- TIPS Certified
- Prior experience using cash reqisters
- Ability to organize cash
Box Office Associates
bergenPAC is looking to hire part-time Box Office Associates who will be responsible for ticket selling at the window and over the phone using Ticketmaster applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Guest Relations; maintain superior customer service and act as a brand ambassador for BergenPAC
- Answer phones with prompt and courteous attitude
- Ticket sales
- Process opening and closing paperwork
- Job Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of phone handling, cashiering, & customer service
- Fundamental knowledge of computer operation
- Skilled in guest relations, phone etiquette, cash handling, and filing
- Ability to multi-task and be detail-oriented
- Must be able to effectively communicate and work well with others while in a high-volume and sometimes stressful environment
- Previous Ticketing experience
- Working knowledge of Windows based PC programs
Concert Promotions / Street Team Intern
The concert promotions intern will be responsible for traveling to local businesses to promote upcoming bergenPAC shows and events. They will also be responsible for researching local communities and their downtown areas for marketing purposes. Lastly, the intern will be responsible for tabling for bergenPAC to promote the theater and the Performing Arts School. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts center.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office. Knowledge of the Bergen County area is a plus. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus. Interns will gain an understanding of marketing and concert promotions as well as gain hands-on experience for their knowledge and benefit. Intern must have a vehicle where they will be able to drive around to the local area.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
The Bergen Performing Arts Center is seeking outgoing, service oriented and qualified candidates for our Maintenance Team. Candidates will need to clean, lift and move heavy objects. Must be able to work well in a team structure as well as on your own. Daily duties will be assigned by the supervisor and must be able to complete in a timely manner. This is a part-time, hourly position.
General duties include (but not limited to):
- Vacuum offices, hallways, stairs, lobby, theatre, cabaret, backstage and all other common areas
- Dust all office furniture, windowsills, countertops, etc.
- Empty theatre, backstage, office, bathroom, lobby, cabaret, basement and all other common area wastebaskets
- Breaking down boxes and putting in proper trash container
- Clean bathroom fixtures, counters, mirrors, and mop floors
- Assure adequate supplies are in bathrooms
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Maintain adequate stock of all custodial supplies, ordering additional as needed
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs
- In coordination with Maintenance Manager, remove snow from sidewalks, alleys and parking areas, as needed, and spread snow melting chemicals
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the exterior of the building including removing debris from the property, sweeping patios and walkways as needed
- Set up, arrange, and remove tables, chairs, tablecloths.
- Dust and clean all surfaces
- Wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Required to be available for overtime hours as needed and directed by supervisor
- Wash inside and outside of all windows, as assigned
- Wash off marks on walls and doors
- Dust door ledges and floor boards
- Scrub bathroom floor, walls, and fixtures, as needed
- Move or set up office furniture
- Other duties as required by the supervisor
High School Diploma (preferred). Prior related experience (preferred). Must be 21 years of age or older. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Good communication and interpersonal skills a must, as well as good client/customer service skills. Ability to follow oral and written instructions, prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team. Basic knowledge of cleaning products is required. The work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing less than fifty pounds. Moving items over fifty pounds utilizes a team lift. Candidate must be trustworthy, hardworking, dependable, reliable, and punctual and take pride in the job.
Director of Ticketing
Job Title: Director of Ticketing
Position: Full Time
Reports to: CEO
Availability: Immediately Available
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
- Act as system administrator for the Ticketmaster computerized ticketing system. Keep updated on new hardware and software, recommend purchases of new equipment and service maintenance contracts.
- Works with appropriate BPAC personnel to coordinate all ticketing needs as it pertains to building and managing all events (presented, cultural, rentals, education, etc) and laison with Ticketmaster during transition to Archtics platform and will serve as Archtics project manager.
- Responsible for building of all shows (presented, cultural, rentals, education, etc) into the Ticketmaster system.
- Communicate directly with Artist representatives on all on sale, fan club, or artist holds and coordinate with tour manager closer to show date—with support of programming—to manager all ticket releases and reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of box office operations ensuring accuracy and timeliness which includes ticketing system, daily sales orders and their reconciliation, sales receipts, daily safe drops, maintenance of records of all transactions; ensures the accuracy of transactions as well as positive customer relations.
- Help recruit, manage, train and ensure retention of ticket services staff, to include weekly scheduling.
- Assist the Customer Service Reps in responding to call/emails for all things customer service related.
- Primary liaison between patrons and Center’s personnel for all ticketing matters in conjunction with House Management staff.
- Oversee all financial control policies and procedures of the box office.
- Set up & manage event on-sales, all sales reporting, and produce all box office reports as needed.
- Set up all fan club and VIP holds and managing ticketing inventory as it pertains to venue holds & comps
- Work with the Development & Programming staff to coordinate membership holds and other donor promotions.
- Generate nightly sales reports and any additional reports required for show settlements.
- Produce various box office reports and artist sales reports as requested.
- Work with Director of Programming and Director of Operations on all HR issues
- Must be able to create ticket discounts, Groupon promotions, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the Ticketmaster system, including the Archtics platform.
- Minimum 5 years management experience, including overseeing a staff.
- Ability to work long hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based programs: Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to Aly at [email protected]. No phones calls.
Outreach Teaching Artists
The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC is looking for highly qualified teaching artists to work with students in outreach schools throughout Northern New Jersey. The Performing Arts School sends teachers in all disciplines- music, theater, dance- to expose K-12th graders to the performing arts and watch the students' confidence grow. Teaching Artists will work with the schools to customize a curriculum that fits the school's unique needs.
bergenPAC is seeking teaching artists in all disciplines.
- Collaborate with bergenPAC staff and classroom teachers on age-appropriate curriculum for students
- Conduct age-appropriate lessons at schools
- Communicate with bergenPAC and outreach school staff regarding all aspects of the program
- Travel to and work in K-12 schools across Northern New Jersey
- Bachelor's degree in the arts or arts-related field
- Professional experience in a performing art form
- Teaching experience in urban or suburban schools (K - 12)
- Willing to travel and teach throughout Northern New Jersey
- Must provide transportation to and from schools
- Willing to attend meetings in addition to teaching classes
Please send resume & types of classes you are able to teach to: [email protected].
Performing Arts School Intern
The bergenPAC Performing Arts School offers undergraduate students the opportunity to intern with members of the education department. The intern will be working interchangeably between departments in efforts to contribute to the organizations goals. The intern will be responsible for working with the administrative assistant to ensure that the day to day operations run smoothly. It will also be required that the intern work with the education outreach manager to promote new and all ongoing programs for the school. The intern will also assist in maintaining a social media presence and tabling for The Performing Arts School events. The intern will be mentored and will gain valuable experience and knowledge on the business behind a performing arts school.
The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Publisher. Knowledge of Facebook and Twitter will be very helpful. Any interest and/or experience in the performing arts industry is not required but is a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a college student and must be receiving academic credits for the internship.
- Driver’s License and car.
Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant
Interested in the music industry? Ever wonder what goes on "backstage". This is your opportunity! bergenPAC is looking for qualified candidates for the Production Runner/Hospitality Assistant position. This position is part-time, hourly, and is strictly show based. All candidates must have a valid driver's license, proof of insurance and have their own vehicle. Candidate must at least 21 years old. Ideal candidate has strong local knowledge of Englewood, Tenafly, Teaneck, Hackensack and other local Bergen County communities. Experience working at a performing arts center or production experience a plus. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Transporting artist/crew
- Dressing room set up (food and drink)
- Dressing room hospitality shopping
- Self starter and be able to operate with limited supervision
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Miscellaneous day of show jobs
Spotlight Advertising Sales Representative
100% Commission Payment Structure
The bergenPAC Team is looking for a self-motivated, articulate, creative and enthusiastic sales person to join our Spotlight Advertising Sales Team. Your hours are your own, your earning potential is limited only by your ability to sell. Please visit Spotlight on our website here for a virtual tour of Spotlight, our advertisers and advertising sales brochure.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes to the Development Department: [email protected]
The Bergen Performing Arts Center is seeking outgoing, service oriented and qualified candidates for our Security Team. This position is responsible for ensuring the protection of the guest of BergenPAC, employees, artists, facility and is primarily show based. This is a part-time, hourly position.
- Possess solid customer-service and interpersonal skills to ensure a positive experience in resolving any situation.
- Must take pride in one’s work and one’s appearance. Staff will be asked to wear black BPAC logoed polo shirts, black pants, black comfortable shoes and ear pieces. Shirts are to be tucked in at all times and no hats.
- Must have SORA certification including thorough knowledge of crowd control techniques.
- Protect the theater from theft or damage
- Prior experience working as security in a theatre, performing arts center, arena, live entertainment preferred.
- Assist House Management staff, as needed.
- Ability to stand long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Bi-lingual a plus
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of security experience in a related field with an understanding of PAC security procedures and guest relations. First responders are encouraged to apply. Familiarity with two-way radios. Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to effectively service guests, clients and employees. Will be a team player and self-motivator, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high energy. Must be able to work flexible hours, which includes evenings, weekends and holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation. Candidate must be trustworthy, hardworking, dependable, reliable, and punctual and take pride in the job.
Qualified applicants may send resume and references to [email protected]. Please include position in subject line of email. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
The Bergen Performing Arts Center, Inc. provides equal opportunities for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, handicap or disability, familial status, genetic makeup, atypical cellular or blood trait status, or any other trait or characteristic protected by law. It is the firm policy of the Bergen Performing Arts Center to ensure that all persons receive equal employment opportunities solely on the basis of their skills, abilities, job related qualifications, competence, job performance and other legitimate considerations.
The Performing Arts School provides arts education to students age 3 months to 21 years throughout Northern New Jersey. With classes in all types of performing arts, outreach programs throughout the state, and programming for children with special needs, every donation helps create more opportunities for new artists.