The Arts Access Initiative was developed by bergenPAC to further its mission of making the live performing arts available to everyone in our diverse community.
Since 2016, Bergen Performing Arts Center has been at the forefront of improving equitable access to live entertainment. Rooted in diversity and inclusion, the Arts Access Initiative was designed to reach overlooked segments of the community. Free tickets are available for every presented show at bergenPAC thanks to the generosity of grants from private and corporate foundations. Over 80 organizations, serving children through seniors, participate, with more than 50,000 tickets distributed since the program launched to individuals who otherwise would be unable to visit the theatre due to financial limitations.
The positive effects of this unique program have been far reaching in the northern New Jersey region, proving that exposure to the arts is essential to residents’ wellbeing, social emotional engagement, and cultural enrichment.
Aligned with our mission, the Arts Access Initiative bridges the community by engaging residents from different backgrounds to experience the joy of live performing arts together.
If you are a community organization, nonprofit or other worthy organization who would like to provide members with this program, download the application below and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: ‘Arts Access Application Enclosed’ followed by the date.
*Individuals receive Arts Access tickets through participating organizations.
This program is made possible through the generous support of these community partners.
- A Free Bird
- Adler Aphasia Center
- Alliance Against Homelessness of Bergen County
- ARC of Bergen & Passaic Counties
- ARC of Rockland County
- Be Whole, Inc.
- Bergen County CASA
- Bergen County Department of Human Services
- Bergen County Office for Children
- Bergen Family Center
- Bergen's Promise
- Bergen Volunteer Center, Mentoring Moms
- Bergen Volunteer Center, Mentoring Youth
- Bergenfield Library-Literacy Volunteers
- Big Brother Big Sister
- Blossom Sisters Dance & Performing Arts
- Camp Acorn
- Carlstadt Senior Friendship Club, Inc.
- Center for Hope & Safety
- Center for Modern Dance
- Children's Aid & Family Services
- Collaborative Support Programs of NJ
- Community Hope, Inc.
- Cresskill Senior Center
- Cura, Inc.
- Department of Child & Family
- Division of Child Protection & Permanency
- East Rutherford Seniors, Inc.
- Englewood Housing Authority
- Englewood Public School District
- Faith is Our Pathway
- Family Support Organization of Bergen County
- Family Support Organization of Passaic County
- Hana Mission
- Heightened Independence & Progress
- Hillsdale 50+ Club
- Housing Authority of Bergen County
- Inclusion & Life Skills Development Ctr., JCC on the Palisades
- Inglemoor Nursing Home
- James F. McGuire Senior Center
- Jewish Family Service
- Jewish Home at Rockleigh
- Joseph Cipolla Senior Activity Center
- Literacy Volunteers-Englewood Library
- Martin Luther King JR. Senior Center
- Martin Luther King Gardens
- Mental Health Association in Passaic County
- Moonachie Senior Citizens Club
- New Concepts for Living
- New Milford Senior Activity
- North Jersey Community Development
- Oakland Senior Center
- Oasis-A Haven for Women and Children
- Perth Amboy Office on Aging
- Perth Amboy Office on Recreation Teen Center
- Project Literacy of Greater Bergen County
- Ramsey Responds
- Rochelle Park Senior Citizens Club
- Senior Citizens Department, Union City
- Sharing Seats
- Social Service Association of Ridgewood
- Southeast Center for Independent Living
- St. Cecilia's Office of Concern
- St. Paul's Choir School
- Straight and Narrow
- Team Red, White & Blue, Northern NJ Chapter
- Tenafly Senior Center
- The Actor's Fund
- The Elizabeth Coalition for the Homeless
- The Woodlands at Ramsey
- Vantage Health Service, Inc
- Women's Rights Information Center
- Youth Consultation Services