Students Can Sharpen Their Skills This Summer From Home
Looking for something fun for children and teens to do this summer? The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC will offer Virtual Summer Programs with opportunities for all ages – from 2 months to adult.
The classes are held on ZOOM, which allows teachers and students to communicate in real time. Other programs like Google Classroom may be used to share information and upload videos for student or teacher review.
“As we keep the arts alive during this time, our virtual summer programs provide an incredible outlet for students to share, grow and learn,” Alexander Diaz, Creative Director at The Performing Arts School, said. “The menu of offerings creates a great experience for the students participating.”
Students can save 10% on tuition by paying in full on or before June 1 by using the code BPAS10. For more information, visit bergenpac.org/summer.
The Virtual Summer Programs offerings include:
- Early Childhood Music (Ages 2 months to 4½) These 45-minute classes introduce musically-driven activities like chants, fingerplays, and small and large movements using age-appropriate musical instruments and allow children and their parents/caregivers to explore, learn and discover the wonders and benefits of music!
- Musical Theater Summer Camp (Ages 5 to 12) This program features theater games, dance combinations, choreography, music appreciation, singing, acting the song, visual arts, and more.
- Summer Dance Intensives (Ages 10-18) There will be two 2-week dance intensives led by Dance artistic director, Roberta Mathes. These are ideal for dancers who wish to improve their technical abilities and gain more confidence and a deeper understanding of their true potential.
- Musical Theater Workshop (Ages 13-18) Hone your triple threat skills with in-depth training in musical theater dance styles, acting, performing monologues, musical theater vocal technique, and repertoire.
- Summer Musical (Ages 10-25) The Performing Arts School at bergenPAC will presents its 10th annual summer musical, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella!, featuring an all-student cast, technical crew, and orchestra. Video audition submission are required.
- Virtual College Audition & Filming Workshop (Ages 15-18) This intensive workshop helps prepare students for the college audition process in musical theater, and students will recieve a sample pre-screening video that they can use for auditions and competitions.
- Virtual Summer Open Evening Classes (All Ages) Open afternoon and evening classes in ballet, contemporary, jazz, hip hop and tap will be offered. Single and drop-in classes are permitted, which is great for the college or adult dancer